Wednesday, March 22, 2006

DC Adventure: Day 1

I woke up early. About 6ish. Because the sun was shining right through my window and I can't sleep when it's bright. I just layed there for a bit, and then took a shower. I got ready and finally was able to wake up the sleepy head Kevin. Hehe. My grandma took us out to a local coffee shop. I got a hot chocolate and a bagel. Kevin got his vanilla latte and a sandwich. Then she took us over to the metro station and we were off. The metro was fine. Check out Kevin's moblog for pics. I have a link down there. It's under "My Man's Pics." Hehe. He took some really good pictures. Anyway, we went to the National Museum of American History first. Looked a some things around there. It's the museum with archie bunker's chair, the ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz, and it had some Ray Charles stuff. Oh, and it had a really nice section called "The Price of Freedom: Americans at War." It was all about the wars and everything. They had a piece of metal from the South Tower of the Trade Center there too. Then we went next door to the National Museum of Natural History. We got tickets for an IMAX movie "Aliens of the Deep." We looked around the museum some and got a little snack before we saw the movie. It was pretty cool. It was 3D, but sometimes that really hurt my eyes. So, it took away from it some. Then we went over to the Air and Space Museum. We looked around there. We got lunch there. And then we walked over to the capitol so Kevin could take pictures of it. We tried to go to the Botanic Gardens (or whatever it was called) but when we walked in the guy said it was going to close in four minutes. So we just went home. My back was hurting, and we were both really tired. The ride home was a little crowded, but we got seats before the crowds. (it was rush hour) We got home and ate and had yummy brownies. And now we're watching Idol!

No comments: