Thursday, March 23, 2006

DC Adventure: Day 2

We started out the morning with breakfast here. My grandma took us to the metro station and we were off. We got off at the Arlington Cemetery. We saw JFK's Eternal Flame and went up to the Arlington House. It is really neat how they have the graves arranged. My grandparents said if there is still room, they'll be barried there. (My grandfather was a commander in the Navy.) Kevin took lots of pictures. Then we tried going to see the cherry blossoms the way the map said, but it didn't work. And it was scary, because we went under a bridge and there was like a homeless person's "house" there. It made me really nervous. Maybe it shouldn't have, but it did. :-/ We decided to forget trying to get there from there and go see the memorials. We went to most of them around there. We went up to the washington monument, then over to the fence of the White house, we saw the new WWII memorial. That was pretty, but I wish the water had been in the pond thingy, that would have made it prettier. Then we walked down the reflecting pool, Kevin kept pretending to push me in, goshhhh! Haha, then we saw the vietnam memorial. In 8th grade Civics we had to write a paper about one of the people on that wall. We went on a site and chose one person, saw the information about them, and we could make up a story or write a factual story. I looked up for someone with my last name, but there are too many "White's," so instead I looked up my mom's maiden name, "Maccubbin." None of those, so I looked up my grandma's maiden name, "Klinger." I got Henry Chester Klinger. I wrote a pretty good paper. If I think about it and have the time, I might post it on here. I thought it was pretty good for a thirteen year old. I should find it. Anyway, then we went up to the lincoln memorial. And then around to the Korean War Memorial. Then we were too tired to walk over Jefferson Memorial, and we were really hungry. We hadn't eatten since 9:30 and it was near 3. We tried going to one cafeteria thingy, but it closed at three. So I got some pizza and then we went to the air and space museum so Kevin could get some Mickey D's and we watched another IMAX movie. It was "Walking on the Moon." It was pretty neat, but we were in there with a bunch of kids, so...that was kind of annoying when they were trying to reach for the 3D things coming "out of the screen." We came back here after that because we were really tired. We ate dinner and have been watching tv. It's nice sitting down. :-)

check out Kevin's moblog for more pics!!! (link to the right under 'my man's pics')

No comments: